Eyes are the windows of the soul, and the importance of good eye skin to a person’s overall image cannot be overemphasized. However, due to the fragility of the eye skin, it is also most prone to problems. The aging of the skin often starts from the eye area, and the first wrinkles appear on the eye area. The eye skin needs to make a lot of expressions in line with the face, blinking more than 20,000 times a day, such a large amount of exercise, if you don’t take care of it carefully, as you age, it is easy to appear sagging, wrinkles, and eye bags. Causes serious aging of eye skin. No matter how perfect your makeup is, the various problems of the eye skin will greatly reduce your beauty.
Characteristics of eye skin
Eye skin is one of the thinnest skins in the body, only 0.33-0.36 mm, which is about 1/4-1/3 of normal skin. Because the eye skin is thin, external ingredients are more likely to penetrate the skin, so its resistance to the outside world is weaker. Therefore, the eye skin is more sensitive than other skins and is susceptible to external stimulation. Skincare ingredients are more demanding in terms of mildness.
In addition to thin eye skin, sweat glands and sebaceous glands are much less distributed than other parts. We know that the sweat and sebum secreted by the skin form a layer of sebum film on the surface of the skin and form a weak acid environment on the surface of the skin to protect the skin from external damage. At the same time, it prevents the evaporation of water, maintains the skin’s moisture, and moisturizes the Effect. There are few sweat glands and sebaceous glands in the eye skin, and the amount of sweat and sebum secretion will be reduced a lot. The sebum film that protects the skin will also decrease. The skin around the eyes is prone to dryness and dehydration. Long-term dryness and lack of water on the skin will affect the normal internal metabolism and cause various skin problems.
4 common eye problems
Problem 1: Eye bags
Puffy eye bags give people a state of being particularly mentally inactive, and for women, this will directly affect their working state. If eye care is not performed in time, the swelling will be more serious, so when such a problem occurs, treat it in time.
- Poor lymphatic circulation, accumulation of CO2 and metabolites in venous capillaries, or water retention and poor metabolism, increase the burden on the eyelids, gradually lose elasticity and tension, and form eye bags.
- Aging and obesity are the main causes of relaxation. The fiber membrane in the eye socket expands due to the continuous accumulation of waste. With age and obesity, the eye socket film will relax, expand, and sag, causing the elastic fibers of the dermis to relax.
- The skin of the upper and lower eyelids is often edema, and the eyelid plate that blocks the fat in the orbit will slide down. The fat in the orbital brace to protect the eyeball is overflowing to form fatty eye bags.
Problem two: dark circles
Dark circles should be a common eye skin problem, which is often caused by staying up late, but it may also be due to genetics or constipation that cause the body to increase toxins, resulting in a large accumulation of melanin, which will also directly affect the beauty of a woman’s face.
- The reason is that the venous capillaries contain carbon dioxide and more metabolites, oxygen molecules are not active, and hemochromatosis is deposited in the blood vessels, causing shadows.
- Poor lymphatic circulation and poor backflow cause lymphatic retention.
- It is caused by factors such as genetics, stress, menstrual cycle, lack of sleep, mental anxiety, drinking, sun exposure, smoking, and makeup.
Problem three: eye wrinkles
As the skin ages, wrinkles around the eyes are inevitable, but there are also some women whose skin has begun to age when they are not aging, this is the manifestation of not taking good care of the skin. And the eyes are the most delicate place, once improperly cared for, there will be quite a lot of problems, and these are the symptoms that directly cause skin aging.
- Skin dehydration: The skin around the eyes is sensitive and weak, lacks moisture, and sebum moisturizing. Tobacco, alcohol, and excessive radiation can cause wrinkles.
- Eye fatigue: long-term use of eyes can cause nutritional disorders in local skin, and more massage on eye skin can relieve it.
- Gastrointestinal function, mental stress, and psychological stress are all causes of wrinkles.
- Bad habits: excessive facial expressions.
- Improper maintenance and massage techniques, artificial fiber traction, promote early relaxation of the eye area.
- Ultraviolet rays in the sun can penetrate the dermal tissue of the skin, causing damage to collagen fibers, aging of elastic fibers, and wrinkles.
Problem 4: Dry eyes
The condition of dry eyes is the lack of water in the eyes, causing dryness. Now everyone does not pay attention to eye protection, often overloading the eyes, resulting in loss of eye moisture, dry eyes, and sometimes bloodshot eyes, so moisture is also important for eye care.
- Excessive use of eyes for a long time.
- Wear unsuitable and substandard glasses (shaped, invisible).
- Lack of sleep.
- Poor hepatobiliary circulation.
Summaring of the causes of eye problems
There are many eye problems, and the causes of each problem are different. But some common reasons need your attention. In summary, they mainly include 1. Bad living habits; 2. High pressure and long-term negative emotions; 3. Poor working and living environment; 4. Physical problems; 5. Wrong skincare methods.
When most people have eye problems, the first thing they think of is to look for a variety of eye products. They dream of relying on a bottle of magical products to sweep away the eye problems, ignoring the root cause of the eye problems. Therefore, no amount of expensive skincare products will work.
People who have experienced the damage of staying up late and lack of sleep on the eye skin should have a deep understanding. Irregular life, smoking, drinking, and getting used to nightlife can also cause deep damage to the skin. Faced with electronic products such as computers and mobile phones for a long time, it is also very lethal to the eye skin. There are many similar bad habits. If you are interested, you can find them online.
Long-term influenced by negative emotions
Poor interpersonal relationship, under pressure, depression, under long-term negative emotions, those people age very quickly, when the skin of the same age is still delicate, plump, fair, and smooth, You may be aging before you get old, wrinkled, sagging skin, and dull complexion. Learning to release stress, relieve the mood, and live a relaxed life is more important than any skincare product.
Bad working and living environment
Some people work and live in a harsh environment, long-term in dry and cold, or high humidity, strong ultraviolet environment. If the protection is not done, the damage to the skin is very great. Some people have been in an air-conditioned environment for a long time. Although the temperature is comfortable, the humidity is low and the air is dry, which can easily lead to dry skin and water shortage.
Some people go to night shifts all year round because of work needs. They have to deal with household chores during the day, resulting in insufficient rest and lack of sleep, causing various skin problems. Those people must pay special attention to ensure adequate sleep during rest time, otherwise, it will not only cause skin problems but may also cause harm to the body.
Some physical diseases, such as insufficiency of heart and kidney function and local inflammation of the body, may cause eye problems such as dark circles, swelling, and wrinkles. Besides, with the increase of age, the secretion of female estrogen decreases, which will lead to the decrease of skin elasticity, relaxation, and wrinkles. These skin problems cannot be solved by eye care alone, and the body needs comprehensive conditioning.
Wrong-way of skincare
Wrong eye care is also an important cause of eye problems. In summary, they mainly include 1. Use unsuitable eye products; 2. Neglect eye care; 3. Over-care. Unsuitable eye products can cause many eye problems. Ignoring eye care and excessive skincare, going to two extremes, are both incorrect care methods.
Once young people have eye problems, they are eager for success and want to solve the problem in a short time. They are induced by various advertisements and feel that every product is useful. Sometimes don’t know how to choose，just simply stack up all the products they think are effective, completely ignoring the skin’s absorption capacity. Excessive superposition will not only fail to achieve the skincare effect but will also have a counterproductive effect and burden the skin. It is recommended that no more than two eye products are stacked.
The above-mentioned various behaviors that are not friendly to the eye area skin, we hope everyone can avoid it. We must learn the correct way of eye skincare, this is the secret to maintaining beauty.